Sunday, October 13, 2013

Basketball Court

I enter this huge court where the cold stings your hands in winter and the nice breeze refresh you in summer, but unfortunately it was empty.

Seeing it empty made me go back in time, go back with my sweet memories when I used to walk into that enormous room and couldn't find a place to sit. I started to remember the kids' playing and shouting; those little children with their innocent smiles waiting for that great game to start. I began to recall those proud parents and families counting the minutes even the seconds to see their boys writing history and achieving what has been achieved. All those sweet memories and all those cheerful moments were of a great and beautiful game called "basketball" played in this outstanding court.

This basketball court filled our life with challenges, action, joy and excitement. Generations after generations have grown up going to this same court cheering for their favorite teams and their great players; I know I did.. But sadly, no such days exist anymore. An empty court and tepid feelings are all we get now.

I might just be a fan of this great game but I'm a hurting fan who wishes those days come back once again, wishes this court beat with life again, and wishes for new generations that love the game the way we used to.. Hope one day things will work out for a better future, better games and better days where once again Jordanian Basketball will have its prints on the game and will regain its fame.


No comments:

Post a Comment